Sunday 3 March 2013

A Week in Rhyl, North Wales.

 My homeland.

On the above map, the yellow tack marks Devizes, while the blue tack up on the North Wales coast marks Rhyl, the little town where I will spend next week beside the sea.  The week's weather forecast is quite good at the moment, with cold weather expected, but with sunshine and a little drizzle on Wednesday.   I miss the sea, having lived in Worthing on the south coast many years ago, and enjoyed summer strolls along the promenade and winter walks in wild winds, rough seas, snow and sleet!   It was always good to get home again!

I leave by coach on Monday  morning, and after a lunchtime stop in Llangollen, will arrive at the seafront "Westminster Hotel" by mid afternoon.  On Wednesday afternoon I'm meeting my German email partner in Chester, the first time we have met since we started writing to each other several years ago.  She now lives near Chester, and is taking me on a nice walk around the city and along the River Dee.   I return home on 8th March, and will then get the Blog up to date with all the news of my exploits!

For anyone wishing to view my hotel abode on "Google Earth," the hotel's postcode is: LL18 3AH.   One of Rhyl's claims to fame is as the home town of Ruth Ellis, the last woman to be hanged for murder in the UK in 1955.   Lee Evans the comedian,  and the poet Adrian Henri, also hail from the town.

 www.rhyl.com/


Inside the Palace cinema.

Last Thursday I went to the "Palace" cinema in Devizes, and saw the film "Hitchcock," with Sir Anthony Hopkins playing the lead role, and Helen Mirren as his long suffering wife.  It was worth a view, although not as good as I had expected.   There were approximately 15 of us in the audience, and as the volume is always so loud,  I had to wear my earplugs yet again to deafen the decibels!     Is everyone else in Devizes deaf I wonder?  

No comments:

Post a Comment