Thursday 23 May 2013

In Salisbury enjoying an "Aufwiedersehen" Lunch and Drink with Friends.

A big red lion stands guard at the entrance!

This is the courtyard of "The Red Lion Hotel" in Salisbury, where on Monday I met friends for a lovely "Aufwiedersehen lunch" before I set off on my journey to Braunschweig und Timmerlah on Sunday 26th May.  I have spent this week doing the final bits of washing, buying last minute necessities and packing my suitcase.  This year´s stay of only 12 weeks, (which will fly past)  means I do not have to  take too much stuff, so the suitcase will be lighter to haul onto the train in Trowbridge, and then off again at Southampton airport.

For lunch in the hotel I ordered a coronation chicken jacket potato, with side salad and coleslaw.   It tasted good, even though  the potato was not hot enough to melt the butter.  I should have complained, but it tasted ok, so I carried on drinking my cider, chatting and thoroughly enjoying myself. 

Welcome to BEST WESTERN Red Lion Hotel

Welcome To The Red Lion Hotel... Weddings. This unique romantic setting in 
the heart of Salisbury, is the perfect location for your wonderful day... Find out ...

www.the-redlion.co.uk/
Half timbered building in Salisbury Market Place.

I don´t have a clue about what this building is called, but with its timber frame and jettied second floor, I would think it was built in the 16th century.  Just a short walk from here I managed to buy a nice pair of cotton trousers for my impending three month trip in Braunschweig.  That is all I can remember about this place, and that it was a cold day!  

This blog will soon morph into the "Timmerlahtimes" version, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment