My pattern arrived today, "Butterick 6630 Ladies Regency Dress, Coat and Spencer sizes 12/14/16." I'm starting with dress A, the brown one worn by the lady on the right of the picture. The lady on the left is wearing a white dress with a blue coat on top, and I hope eventually to make both outfits. Tonight I cut out pieces 12 to 21 of the paper pattern, and made sure that I have enough fabric to complete the dress. Yesterday I bought a second-hand duvet cover and pillowcase very cheaply in a charity shop. It is a linen type beige fabric with a pale blue stripe, and looks very Regency! I took these two photos in half light tonight, as I have no ceiling lighting, since something went click this morning and all the lights went out. The sockets still work, as does the television, and I have the light from the cookerhood in the kitchen, and the side tablelights work in the bedrooms. The electrician is coming on Wednesday morning at 09.30 to rectify the problem, and then I can get going in earnest with my dressmaking.
Above is pattern piece 16, a puff sleeve, which is lying on the nice striped blue fabric. The dress will need lining, and a lot of hand stitching is involved, but I have seven weeks in which to complete it before our Grand Regency Party on Saturday 24th November.